Daytrip to New York
Comments

stunning images!

Posted by Nitsa on October 31, 2004 1:55 AM

Absolutely beautiful.

Posted by sophyQ on October 31, 2004 5:06 AM

Really love "Above the Hudson". Tell me - have you even been up to the Roosevelt / Vanderbuilt Mansion area? While those two are stunning attractions in themselves, that area reminds me very much of the images you shoot daily.

Posted by Houser on October 31, 2004 8:02 AM

Wonderful shots. I love the "Above the Hudson" shot. Maybe they should look into some gaurd rails? :) Enjoying your site as always.
John

Posted by John on October 31, 2004 8:48 AM

These are all marvellous! I love the road in the first one, such a smooth man-made contrast to the texture and colours of nature around it while reflecting the same colours.

Posted by miles on October 31, 2004 11:07 AM

Stunning, great series of foggy images. I too love the first image, "Above the Hudson".

wonderful captures as usual.

Posted by photojunkie on October 31, 2004 11:19 AM

again, as usual, you are showing us great atmosphere. but the third one i don't understand a little bit, it is an exception from your work

Posted by cenek on October 31, 2004 12:03 PM

Kathleen. These are just wonderful. 'Above the Hudson' makes me want to go for a drive, wow. 'Barbara & the Skating Rink' just has a fantastic feel to it. I wasn't quite sure about the last one, 'The Orchid Tree' but I have looked at it several times now and find it a bit different from your normal postings but it still has that eye catching appeal to it. Wonderful. I continue to hope that one day you include a technical details section that tells a bit about the shot, what you were thinking and what if anything you did in PS. Thank-you.

Posted by Tom B on October 31, 2004 5:31 PM

i like the grainy orchid tree! it's so odd to see artificial light in your pictures.

that top one is great. it's very beautiful and a little unsettling at the same time. the way the road is more to camera right implies that you are taking a risk, getting a little too close to the edge, even if this is a trick of the lens. wonderful tension in that.

Posted by matto on October 31, 2004 6:18 PM

I love these images, like most of your work. Only one suggestion would be to try and remove some noise from them. I found that Noise Ninja does a superb job at it.It is soon to be released as a PSP plugin.

Posted by Carlo on October 31, 2004 7:29 PM

Thanks, everyone, for all the comments and suggestions. The night shots were just spur of the moment things -- I set the ISO ridiculously high and that's why they look so grainy. I was too tired last night to mess with them -- so I just posted them as they are for the most part without doing any noise removal. I realize they're not my usual but that's good, right? Experimentation? :)

Posted by Kathleen Connally on October 31, 2004 7:47 PM

I'm not certain about 'The Orchid Tree'. The lighting is strange - it may suffer from looking like it was post processed and pushed too far, but after consideration I suspect it's a straightforward photo.

'Barbara and the skating rink' is a fine shot. I think that you may have just a bit too much negative space on the right and bottom - perhaps crop a little.

Another great set!