Land and Skies at Sunset
Comments

I especially love the colors and the warmth of the first and second picture. Beautiful job.

Posted by laanba on March 7, 2005 12:10 AM

Such stunning scapes.

Posted by Jasmin on March 7, 2005 2:41 AM

Great contrast and color. The clouds are wonderful.

Posted by Kenny on March 7, 2005 11:28 AM

extraordinary light. Ciao

Posted by Toietto on March 7, 2005 1:25 PM

That first shot is just killer.

Posted by JOH on March 7, 2005 2:15 PM

Just delurking to let you know I enjoy your site even though I rarely comment.

Posted by Robert on March 7, 2005 3:38 PM

light luz lumière luce... giusto magnifico

Posted by miles on March 7, 2005 11:56 PM

~there's some drama in them there skies above! any editing involved with making those clouds look so dramatic?~

Posted by btezra on March 8, 2005 5:46 PM

Fantastic shots! A bit of dark ski color is nicely blended with warm organge color. Great!

Posted by mountainbread on March 8, 2005 5:56 PM

Love the composition -- great colours!

Posted by naomi-sarah on March 8, 2005 9:09 PM

Beautiful windy sky - great composition on # 3.

Posted by Bill Bonner on March 9, 2005 7:41 AM

Thank you, everyone!

This set is among my favorites that I've taken this winter. Being in those places and seeing those skies was a truly wonderful experience.

The images remind me of how precious our open space is! Imagine these fields covered with shopping malls or condos, as they're probably going to end up one day if we don't appropriately value such wonderful vistas.

VOTE TO SAVE OPEN SPACE! SUPPORT LOCAL FARMS!

btezra: We've had some amazing cloud formations this winter -- the snow flurry clouds have been outstandingly beautiful and what you're seeing in these shots is a combination of snow flurry and other cumulus-type clouds. They really are dramatic! I wouldn't dream of altering them or trying to make them look MORE dramatic in Photoshop. In fact, I'm not sure I would know how to do that and pull it off! Too much work! :) The color of the blue sky is due to a simple but very effective curves adjustment -- and I think that's what makes the clouds stand out. The blue becomes blacker, and the clouds really POP forward. I LOVE CURVES! Hahahaha! Everyone can add some drama to their photos by messing about with curves a little! :) (Don't be shy - experiment!)

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to comment! I really do appreciate it.

Posted by Kathleen on March 9, 2005 10:24 AM

wow!as always ! excellent colors!compoaition!just voted for you at http://www.photobloggies.org thanks for great photos!

Posted by leova (↑) on March 12, 2005 12:26 PM

This is the best photoblog I've seen in any of the blogs. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Posted by Eileen on April 4, 2005 9:52 PM