Wetland in Wyoming County, Pennsylvania

PHOTO INFO
This was taken in Wyoming County, Pennsylvania, en route to Rickett's Glen State Park where I was heading to shoot 29 waterfalls (I'll be posting those photos next).

This wetland caught my eye as I was driving past, and I wondered how the new wide angle lens would capture its width and depth. Of course, I had to hit the breaks and pull over. Glad I had my mucky-mucks with me because I had to stand in a bit of water to get this shot. :)

Post-processing: several overall curves adjustments faded and blended in soft light mode, selective color saturation/desaturation, color balance to remove some blue in the shadows, sharpening at 80/1.8 faded at 100% in luminosity mode.

Comments:

Great shot the calm before the storm

Posted by outdoorsman at August 23, 2005 5:47 PM

merveilleux

Posted by jean MIelly at September 20, 2005 2:29 PM

Beautiful photo, I love how you captured the sky in the water

Posted by Nathan at January 1, 2006 6:55 AM

I don't know why there are so few comments on this photo. It's an absolutely wonderful example how perfect you manage creating a special atmosphere by using these superb colors.

Posted by KPK at February 24, 2006 10:15 AM

I love this one so much, it is a true beauty of nature and looks like it has been painted by God's own paintbrush... All of your photographs are beautiful, but this one just took my breath away... Thanks for sharing all these wonderful photographs with us...

Posted by Jill Ivers at July 22, 2006 8:22 AM

This photo is amazing, Kathleen. I love the clarity from the forefront all the way up to the horizon-really makes the viewer's eye scan the entire image. And the details...amazing!

Just curious whether you might have used an EF 17-40mm lens?

Posted by Macromoments at January 3, 2007 10:53 AM