Dividing Line, Berks County Farm Road

This photograph was taken Thursday in Berks County on another little backroad which I'm now challenged with finding on a map. I need a GPS built into the camera so I can get latitude/longitude coordinates in the EXIF data for future reference. Maybe Canon will build an accessory?

The camera is sitting on the center line of the road in case that's unclear. But I wasn't lying down, I just set the focus and exposure, put the camera down and clicked, while the eyes in the back of my head kept watch for vehicles. :)

Post-processing: Shot with the Canon EOS 5D and the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L at 21mm, ISO 200, 1/250s at f/10. Multiple curves adjustments for contrast and saturation, color balancing for tone, selective color saturation and de-saturation.

FYI: I'm switching servers so things might be a little wacky for the next 48 hours - please email me (info at durhamtownship.com) if you have problems accessing the site in any way. Thank you!

Reminder! Nominate your favorite photoblogs in the 2006 Photobloggies! The nomination process ends Monday, May 8th at midnight EST.

Comments:

Amazing perspective, here the colours are so rich!

Posted by Craig at June 21, 2006 9:58 AM

i cant seem to access the photo info... did u in anyway photoshop this?? iyts a great photo. i love the colors.

Posted by chiqui at October 28, 2006 11:56 AM

Sony makes an inexpensive ($130 here in Canada) GPS photo-tracking device that works on every camera, though their website reads as if it only works with their own cameras.

It is about the size of a "D" battery, clips on your belt or bag. It takes a GPS reading every 15 seconds, along with date and time (You must set your camera to the same time). Then, you plug the GPS device into your computer, and the software matches the time and date of your photos to the closest date/time GPS readings...and adds the latitude/longitude automatically to the photo as EXIF data for a permanent record. You can then click on the photo and the software brings up google maps with the exact location of the photo pnipointed on the map. Ingeniuosly simple!

I don't have one yet, have read some favorable reviews, and will likley get one this year.

Posted by J. Comeau at February 28, 2007 4:14 PM

if you look at it a little differently, it looks like a really yellow road in the middle of a corn field!!!!! I sweat, I didn't think it was the middle of the road until I read the info!

Posted by Ross at August 12, 2007 9:20 PM

Great composition, and colors!

Posted by sandrine at September 3, 2007 9:52 PM

no wonder the color is terrific after post-processing. but maybe you go a little bit too far.the road is too yellow,and doesn't look real

Posted by nick at January 24, 2008 6:23 AM

It is an amazing shot.

Posted by kitty at April 17, 2008 6:43 AM

i've just found out your blog and it's obvious thay you got the eye :)
here, the colors look great, you have done a lovely work!
cheers.