Antique Tractors and Farmer

This is a film shot (Kodak Portra UC) I took during the summer at a local fair, but the colors seemed kinda nice for this time of year. :)

Post-processing: Shot with the Nikon F75 with the Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4 DI LD lens at 17mm. Kodak Portra UC film; I don't have the exact exposure info. Basic curves adjustment for contrast; slight color balancing for warmth.

Comments

Those are some wonderful looking old machines. The colors are gorgeous, and definitely suitable for this time of year.

Posted by Laurie on December 20, 2006 5:37 AM

Great lighting. Nice crisp shot.

Posted by Ian on December 20, 2006 8:09 AM

Wonderful tones and color! Those Farmalls and the John Deere almost make it a Holiday photo.

Posted by Noah on December 20, 2006 9:21 AM

Great looking tractors, very nice shot.

Posted by Angry Buddha on December 20, 2006 6:56 PM

Great lighting, and I love tractors! Really nice shot.

Posted by Steve on December 20, 2006 8:09 PM

Nice warm image, the greens and reds are lovely Kathleen.

Posted by Craig Wilson on December 21, 2006 7:01 AM

Pretty tractors! Kathleen, I feel so blessed to see your photos! I love coming by and seeing what you've posted next! Thanks so much for one of life's little enjoyments!
Bobbi

Posted by Bobbi on December 21, 2006 11:37 AM

Very festive colors for tractors!!

Posted by John on December 21, 2006 8:08 PM

I'm a real sucker for old cars, motorcycles and tractors so this is a real treat for me! You captured them very nicely. I love the sepia/brownish toning... Gives it a classic look. Maybe, (but this is just me) you could remove the 'opening' and figure in the back, by turning it into a black space. Like this, maybe it will turn out even more dramatic.)

Posted by javga on December 22, 2006 5:30 AM

I enjoyed the antique tractor display at the Idaho State Fair last summer and It pleases me to see that this row of old timers caught your eye.

A row of tractors is always good for a smile. It is a design based purely on practicality--but tractors still look like cartoons. The relative proportions and placement of the wheels look like a Dr. Seuss vehicle!

We live in an agricultural area and we see some pretty strange machines on the roads...some from Dr. Suess, some from Star Wars.

(I envy Jakey for his "toys,".....not for his first aid skills.)

Thank you again for the things you share.

Posted by David Tinnon on December 27, 2006 8:54 PM