Dogs Rule (Westminster Kennel Club Show, NYC)

I was at the Westminster Kennel Club Show at Madison Square Garden in New York City today; I'm heading back tomorrow to see the Best in Show competition. I'll probably post a series of shots from the show over the next few days. Hope you like dogs! :)

This nice lady was working at a vendor booth in the benching area; she was handing out free samples of dog treats. Behind her is a giant photographic poster of a small dog.

Post-processing: Shot with the Canon EOS 5D and the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L lens at 24mm, ISO 1600, shutter speed 1/125s, aperture f/2.8. Converted to monochrome using the Gradient Map; basic curves adjustment for contrast. No noise reduction.

Still two more days to nominate your favourite photoblogs in The Photobloggies, the annual awards that celebrate photoblogging around the world. Nominations are open until February 15th.

Comments

Awww...How fun is that! Enjoy the show!

Posted by Laurie on February 13, 2007 6:12 AM

Nice colors! (I'm a fan of b&w) My vote...the eyes have it.

Posted by JPH on February 13, 2007 7:08 AM

Very cute. Those ads for the shelter dogs last night on TV are so sad. I really like the photos they did of them, touching . . .

I so wanted to get up there this year to see the Bernese, had a bunch of friends in town showing their dogs. . . maybe next year. . .work is too busy

Looking forward to seeing your photos from the show

Posted by Beth on February 13, 2007 9:33 AM

HAHA....That's a crack up! Love dogs...I have a Yellow Lab myself...Name's Chuck.

Posted by Theron Tan on February 13, 2007 11:51 AM

Nice photo! I love dogs and rottweilers are my favourite, I hope you catch some nice rottweilers with our camera at the show!

Posted by Jessika on February 13, 2007 1:27 PM

Haha really cute shot. Dogs are undeniably one of our biggest sources of happiness. They fill us with endless joy and adoration. They rule.

Posted by PlasticTV on February 13, 2007 3:08 PM

Aw look at those puppy eyes! Very nice portrait.

Posted by Jeff Ambrose on February 13, 2007 9:00 PM

First impression; Dogs on steriods--film at eleven. Cute Kathleen, really! And could we have a "show dogs with tiny owners in blizzard" shot too?

Thanks for the lol!

Posted by david tinnon on February 14, 2007 10:22 AM

Dog people are happy people. Here's the proof!
I've got a black labrador called Barney. He's completely mental (Just thought I'd share that with you).

Posted by Jon on February 14, 2007 11:24 AM

It made me smile.:) Bring on the dog photos, I love them.

Posted by melody on February 14, 2007 8:24 PM

Fantastic image; so much fun it's untrue! Great expressions on both faces juxtapose very well.

Posted by LwS on February 15, 2007 5:41 AM

haha, this is great. It looks less like she's a fan of dogs and more like she's an unwilling participant in the events of a dog-run dictatorship.

Posted by miles on February 18, 2007 2:20 PM

Dogs rule ... because they can sneak up behind you and swallow you whole anytime they want! Heh. Nice shot.

Posted by MarkDM on February 18, 2007 9:57 PM