Alyssa

Alyssa is a friend of the family; I visited with her last weekend. She's expecting her first child on the fourth of July.

Post-processing: Shot with the Canon EOS 5D and the Canon 85mm f/1.2L lens at f/2.8, 1/200s, ISO 1600. Curves, color balancing.

Comments

That is a very striking image - the eyes are amazing.

Posted by Andrew on May 9, 2007 3:33 AM

This is another excellent portrait that gives a sense of time- late 20th and early 21st century- because of Alyssa's tatoos. Had she covered them with clothing, it would be a different photo. It shows that she has a sense of comfort with who she is.

Keep on keepn' on.

Dennis

Posted by Dennis on May 9, 2007 4:41 AM

She has a far away look in her eyes. She is a natural beauty. Lovely lighting in this portrait.

I wish her a healthy and happy baby!

Posted by Laurie on May 9, 2007 5:47 AM

Once again the eyes have it. Good shooting.

Posted by JPH on May 9, 2007 5:51 AM

Interesting eyes. She looks like she's looking right past the camera, as if you weren't even there.

Posted by keith on May 9, 2007 8:11 AM

Her beautiful eye color matches her tatoos. She looks like a most interesting person. Wishing her and baby happiness and health.

Posted by RD on May 9, 2007 9:30 AM

KC's Mona Lisa Serise?
Elegantly understated real life portrait! Beautifully done Hues of eyes and skin so well balanced and the detail in whites--perfect. The shadows in the hair are going solid, but the weight supplied by those "black colors" provides balance.....and that expression!

The roll continues.....paint on, young lady!

Posted by david tinnon on May 9, 2007 10:21 AM

Wow.. another great portrait. Portraits really tell a lot more about people then they let on in normal conversation.

Posted by hudsong on May 9, 2007 10:57 AM

wow. Love the Tats. Her eyes are awesome. Most groovy shot. Great values and shadows. Great job!

Posted by mikelangelo on May 9, 2007 4:30 PM

the tattoos add so much to it.

it's such an interesting shot.

first thing i saw.

email me about the prints? i have a excitement induced heart attack everytime i see the ups man.

-tx nick.

p.s. me and the younger, nicer, cooler fam may be up that way this summer. and i've got a story to tell you of recent happenings.

Posted by on May 9, 2007 9:26 PM

great portrait. she looks so calm. very pretty.

Posted by gSaenz on May 9, 2007 10:26 PM

Kathleen, you have a way of reaching into the heart of the people you photograph. Your portraits are beautifully natural--that's what I love about them.

Posted by Photo Buffet on May 10, 2007 9:42 PM

Great photo and congrats on the bloggie award. You deserve it!!

Posted by Tobias on May 11, 2007 3:28 AM

I enjoy how you can put your own spin on even seemingly casual portraits. My computer doesn't have the best resolution so as I scrolled down I all of a sudden caught sight of that tattoo! That really added an effect.

Congratulations on the award, also.

Posted by Michael George on May 14, 2007 5:24 PM

While the color of her eyes are amazing (love the density of the blue) I always notice eyebrows and I just LOVE hers! They're an amazingly perfect shape. Like something out of a magazine!

Posted by Salena on May 17, 2007 2:29 AM

A combination of perceived innocence and rebellion rarely seen.

Posted by Tom K. on May 17, 2007 12:25 PM