Dog in Shop Doorway, Bethlehem, PA

This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, about 20 minutes from Durham Township. I have a small studio in Bethlehem where I do my printing. I love walking around Main Street during the holidays because it's festive and full of interesting characters doing their Christmas shopping.

This dog stopped me in my tracks!

Happy Christmas, everyone! Peace and love to all of you.

Post-processing: Shot with the Canon EOS 5D and the Canon 85mm f/1.2L lens at f/1.2, 1/100s, ISO 3200. Curves adjustments and color balancing. No noise reduction.

Comments

Is there a "MR. Blackwell" for dogs? I mean REALLY, the pink is all wrong for this pouch! I would have strongly insisted on a solid burgundy or teal knit to work with the scotch plaid accessory treatment, OMG people, it's just ALL wrong.....and the dog's expression shows it, this dog "gets it!" Trust me on this!

Did I just say "thanks, Kathleen, for the smiles you give?" ......Good! (Like to see Willow get hold of this one--4W? Her seasonal schedule permitting.)

Posted by David Tinnon on December 25, 2007 3:50 AM

Merry Christmas, Kathleen... peace and happiness to you and your loved ones. Cheers and best wishes to all the other readers :-)

Posted by Ian on December 25, 2007 4:57 AM

I burst out laughing this morning. This canine does not look pleased with his status. Merry Christmas Kathleen.

Posted by Bob on December 25, 2007 8:12 AM

just like a painting ... beautiful !

Posted by airsand on December 25, 2007 3:57 PM

hehe very funny picture. Almost to good to be true. Love it.

Posted by Dean on December 26, 2007 4:14 AM

This is an especially evocative photo. The dog's expression and body language are ambiguous and intriguing. I feel all sorts of possibilities about her situation.--- I might add that I have shared my life with many different but wonderful dogs. Perhaps that is why this photo is so powerful for me.------Keep on keepn' on.

Posted by Dennis on December 26, 2007 5:31 AM

Ha! Love it.

Posted by mjulius on December 26, 2007 9:29 AM

Wow...I just love the expression on her face! Her body language and expression remind me of the movie "A Christmas Story" when Ralphie's mom made him put on the bunny PJ's his Aunt sent him for Christmas. This is really one of the most amusing photos of 2007!

I hope you had a most wonderful Christmas! Thanks for all of your wonderful photos that have brought so many smiles throughout the year.

Laurie

Posted by Laurie on December 26, 2007 11:03 AM

Happy holidays, Kathleen. I hope the dog needed the warmth because otherwise...

Posted by Otto K. on December 26, 2007 11:07 AM

Brilliant shot, and hilarious!

Posted by Joseph Holmes on December 26, 2007 5:26 PM

Excellent Kathleen - made me smile :) Hope you had a great christmas.

Posted by Craig Wilson on December 26, 2007 6:02 PM

This pup has a human quality! Love that face. - Hope you had a Very Merry Christmas and Celebrate the New Year with great Health and Happiness.

Posted by Noreen on December 26, 2007 6:49 PM

He does not seem too happy. Is it because people
are going by and laughing at him and he has
nowhere to hide? Looks like another one of those
homemade sweaters that never fit.

Posted by Motina on December 26, 2007 9:03 PM

As we are prone to say down here in the south, "Wow, his/her mama dresses him/her funny!"

Posted by Jim Brodhead on December 27, 2007 9:06 AM

Wow... he has a so strange head. It looks like it is not really a part of the dog's body. Like the toys in the rear of a car, shaking their heads...

Amazing pictures.

Posted by Chris CB on December 27, 2007 12:12 PM

Great photograph! Your capture looks like a painting.

It appears the dog certainly needs that sweater.

Posted by Simply Marvelous on December 28, 2007 12:41 PM

I LOVE this photo. It says so much. Great shot!

Posted by cj on December 28, 2007 5:13 PM

LOL! Or... should I feel sorry for him? No, probably not, this fella looks like he is having it warm, and looks don't matter a bit in certain situations... I wish you the best for 2008!

Posted by javga on December 29, 2007 4:21 AM

It's a great shot despite the pitiful look. :-) I love the focus.

Posted by Christina on December 29, 2007 1:03 PM

I may be cornered and I mmmmmmay bbbbbbe cold but be careful what you do next! Don't let the Christmas bells on the leash fool you! The sweater is a hand me down from a St. Bernard friend of mine, so give me a break! My tail may wag or my teeth may bare depending on your disposition. I am staring into your soul to divine your intentions. Are you really as good as you pretend to be? You may fool Santa but you can't fool me!

Posted by Willow on December 31, 2007 5:37 PM

Now how did I miss this one? The expression on the dog's face is priceless - great catch Kathleen!

Posted by Kim on January 2, 2008 7:45 AM

Rats, Willow, I was sure I had them both fooled.

Posted by David Tinnon on January 16, 2008 12:42 AM

Fantastic photo. I so want that lens... :)

Posted by sari on January 27, 2008 10:52 AM