Row of Yellow Rocket (Barbarea vulgaris)

Photograph info: Hard to resist taking a walk through this biennial herb when it makes its spring appearance!

Camera settings and post-processing: Shot with the Canon EOS 5D Mark II and the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens at 200mm, f/2.8, 1/2000s, ISO 160. Basic curves adjustments for contrast.

Comments

These are lovely. I like the way you managed the focus/depth of field. Pretty picture.

Posted by jr cline on April 15, 2012 3:02 PM

Beautiful. Inclusion of the girl totally makes this too. She brings you into the image.

Posted by ROB on April 15, 2012 5:43 PM

This is so cool... I really like it...:-)

Posted by Keivan Zavari on April 16, 2012 6:51 AM

Love the color, POV and shallow DOF. It would be nice to see a crop with the subject off to one side, but I can see why you did it. So you could keep the cabin in the frame.

Posted by Mike Hren on April 16, 2012 11:28 AM

As if the real life figure may step into a soft pastel landscape. The distant shapes and tones make a perfect destination for our eyes, if not our feet, and yet wandering minds may find common ground in your well-framed vision of Spring. Beautiful again, Kathleen.

Posted by david tinnon on April 16, 2012 2:13 PM

What gives pleasure to this sort of fellow?
Most any Spring picture that includes the color yellow.
Dandelion, Buttercup or Forsythia might be on the docket,
But topping them all is this field of Yellow Rocket.

Posted by JPH on April 16, 2012 7:41 PM

Perfect image for an allergy commercial. (or a dating service:)

Posted by david tinnon on April 24, 2012 11:52 AM

The warm lazy days of Springtime are felt in this beautiful photo.

JPH aka GPS and david tinnon:

Your fine critique of these lovely photos is always
eagerly awaited.

Posted by annie nonymous on April 25, 2012 11:24 AM

It's been a very long time since I took a walk in a field by myself. I should do that.

Posted by Ed on April 26, 2012 1:48 PM

Beautiful photo! I always enjoy creating fantastical scenes by playing with the depth of field.

Posted by Jeremy on May 10, 2012 12:45 PM

Very nice colors! I like the depth of field a lot!

Posted by Adam Stonestreet on May 24, 2012 3:08 AM

I just don't get why everything in th picture is out of focus. There is plenty of scope for using a smaller aperture. It's not as if you needed 1/2000th of a second to capture a speeding tractor!

Posted by Ed on May 27, 2012 7:59 PM

Brilliant picture-I love this one, the framing, the DOF, all of it.
I cannot think of how one might improve it. I especially like your choice of DOF, as it gives the OOF figure a similarly OOF destination.

I love it

Posted by Chris on July 25, 2012 9:03 AM

Hello Kathleen!

Amazing photo! My favorite color is yellow and this girl looks so much like my best friend so I absolutely love it. The way you did the focus on the photo is cool since most people only do it in the front or back of a photo. I wanted to tell you about our awesome gadget that is for photographers of every level. :) The Hufa Holder lens cap clip was designed by photographers after they had, like many other photographers do, lost a TON of lens caps. The nifty little device just clips right on your strap and keeps your cap in place while you're shooting! Turns out, we lose a whole lot less lens caps this way! :) This also works no matter what camera you are using. Here is a video for you to check it out http://bit.ly/Nu7FPx. Thanks again for sharing this amazing photo! Hope you'll check out our gadget when you get a chance.

Have a great day,
Alix

www.facebook.com/HufaHolder
www.hufaholder.com

Posted by Alix on September 18, 2012 5:28 PM

This photo looks SO MUCH like a photo that was taken of me, back in the day, that it just blows my mind. I will have to make an effort to find it now. Not sure how I would share it with you though after scanning it. Guess I could put it in an email. Guess first thing I need to do is find the darned thing!
Darlene

Posted by Darlene MacKenzie on January 3, 2013 7:21 PM

This has to be my favourite. I hope you are well. For me you were the first to sum up the beauty of the photoblogoshpere. You are a window into a world we would not normally see. Looking forward to your next post.

Posted by Benz World on February 28, 2013 6:04 PM