Claudia's Cattle

Photograph info: This photograph was taken on Tuesday afternoon.

I like to have my camera ready during the transitioning light after a rainstorm.

Camera settings and post-processing: Shot with the Canon EOS 5D Mark II and the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens at 200mm, f/11, 1/200s, ISO 160. Basic curves adjustment.

Comments

Apparently these cows' rear ends don't need any protection
For they are all grazing in the same direction.
So they fill themselves with grass in this pasture peaceful,
Surrounded by the green of Spring, so beautiful.

Posted by JPH on May 5, 2012 11:47 AM

Once again Kathleen, you have captured the good life. A pastoral fit for Inness and that lot. But how'd all that luscious green stuff get here so fast? One might easily get the impression those munching maniacs have recently cleared this patch all on their own. (Amazing graze?) --I hope they leave some trees for their distant bird and squirrel cousins who prefer high-rise living over the minimalist sprawl of their cow-buddy neighbors:)

Posted by David Tinnon on May 5, 2012 1:16 PM

Looks like a Hudson Valley painting. Congrats.

Posted by Matt on May 5, 2012 5:40 PM

Beautiful! My husband and I will be traveling to the Lancaster area soon. If my memory serves, that isn't too far from Durham Township. We're looking forward to the scenery -- very different from our very southern, Southern California views!

Posted by Melissa on May 6, 2012 10:36 AM

There are some happy cows!
I agree with Matt...thought exactly the same thing when I opened this pic.

Posted by Miss on May 6, 2012 11:33 AM

So peaceful and beautiful!
You always have the clouds cooperating for you.
Now it looks like the sun has made a spotlight to shine on your subjects.

Posted by Victoria on May 6, 2012 12:35 PM

Great picture... The light on the cattle, the curve going to the right, make it quite dynamic. At the same time, the trees in the background, gives the feeling that it's in the middle of nowhere...
I also really like the tree fallen on the ground in the back, looks dead for 100 years...
thanks for sharing...:)

Posted by Keivan Zavari on May 8, 2012 3:19 AM

beautiful!
I fell life with someof your pics.
can i use your pics in myblog if i Write the name of the photographer?

Posted by R on May 8, 2012 12:21 PM

Thank you for capturing our girls in such beautiful light! They have been enjoying this pasture for a few weeks and will move to "greener" pastures very soon where they can take in a good game of baseball while they graze.

Posted by Claudia on May 8, 2012 9:59 PM

The trees have such depth - impressed with the almost 3D effect. And so peaceful. . .

Posted by Ed on May 9, 2012 4:16 AM

the land of milk and pencils...

Posted by David Tinnon on May 18, 2012 2:17 AM

I remember how pretty Pennsylvania was when I lived there as a child. Oh how I miss it ! So pretty.

Posted by Alexa Wallace on May 25, 2012 2:50 PM

What a great place for these cows to live. This is what it should be like.

Posted by Leonie on June 24, 2012 6:45 AM